All activities of the Council of Churches in Zambia (CCZ) seek to be expressions of the following fundamental values and convictions:
1. A confessions of Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
2. A holistic focus on the human being and human-being: spiritual, physical and social
3. An inclusive vision of the Christian ecumenical ministry: the promotion of the Christian faith and unity, as well as social justice, peace and community development
4. A multi-dimensional notion of ecumenical service and programmes including leadership, facilitation, co-ordination, advocacy, capacity building, consultation, networking and lobbying.
5. Sensitivity to the needs and satisfaction of stakeholders; member churches and organizations, partner churches and ecumenical organizations.
6. A specific work-ethos and organizational culture characterized by compassion, commitment and discipline, professionalism and efficiency, integrity and accountability and continuous quality improvement.