The Council of Churches in Zambia wish to invite applications for the positions of General Secretary to run its organization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The General Secretary shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Council of Churches in Zambia responsible for the effective and efficient day to day running of the organization in accordance with the provisions in the CCZ Constitution;
- The employee shall be responsible for the implementation of the policies of CCZ and resolutions of the Executive Committee and the Board;
- The employee shall be responsible for the effective and proper financial management of the organization. This shall include being responsible for fund-raising on behalf of the organization;
- The employee shall be responsible for the supervision of all employees of the Council of Churches under the rank;
- The employee shall, in consultation with the CCZ President, be responsible for the recruitment of other staff of CCZ below the level of Head of Department;
- The employee shall perform the role of official spokesperson of the organization in accordance with the provisions of CCZ Constitution. In carrying out this responsibility, the employee shall work in close consultation with the President before official statements are issued;
- The employee shall be the custodian of the CCZ constitution and shall ensure that all operations of the organization are within the confines of this constitution.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of first degree holder in Theology with Social Sciences/Development Studies. A master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Must be a fully ordained Minister of the Word and Sacrament in a member church;
- Must be exposed to the ecumenical worldwide family;
- Must possess resource mobilization experience;
- Must possess outstanding analytical and organizational skills;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in management and administration;
- Be a visionary and astute strategist;
- Women are encouraged to apply.
Those who had responded to the earlier advertisement should not reapply.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 26th May, 2017.
Applications with CVs and traceable references can be forwarded to:
Council of Churches in Zambia
P O Box 30315
LUSAKA or via email email@example.com